Announced June 16, 2020
- ONE-TIME reimbursement for expenses up to $10,000 to each qualified business that have less than $2,000,000 in gross annual revenue and 50 or fewer employees (once awarded a grant, a business cannot reapply).
- Eligible business types:
- Businesses registered with the Hawaii Department of Commerce and Consumer Affairs and sole proprietors
- Non-profit organizations registered with the Hawaii Department of Commerce and Consumer Affairs and designated as tax-exempt under section 501(c)(3) or 501(c)(19)
- An eligible business must actually operate in a physical commercial space. Ineligible businesses include home-based businesses, home offices, and businesses with only a post office box or in-car-of address as its business address. An applicant must have a lease dated prior to March 20, 2020 or own the location from which it conducts its operations.
- Agricultural businesses are eligible if meeting all qualifications. Eligibility will be determined by assessing Tax Map Key or leas of Tax Map Key associated with location of business operation.
- Owner must be Hawaii resident and business must be located in the City and County of Honolulu.
- This is a REIMBURSEMENT program; proof of payment required: receipts, canceled check, or other proof of payment needed (an unpaid invoice is not proof of payment and does not qualify; taxes other than sales tax on purchases are not reimbursable).
- Fund will not reimburse payments applied from another Federally-funded CARES Act Paycheck Protection Plan (PPP), Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL), etc.
- The fund can also reimburse expenses incurred to implement physical distancing and other safety precautions to comply with business opening and operating guidelines. The fund can also reimburse expenses incurred to implement physical distancing and other safety precautions to comply with business opening and operating guidelines
- Examples of Eligible Expenses:
- Physical Distancing Measures
- Examples of Safety Precautions:
- Increasing physical separation between employees at the worksite
- Increasing physical separation between employees and customers
- Implementing services remotely (e.g., phone, video, or internet/web)
- Costs associated with delivering products through curbside pick-up or delivery
- Provide hand cleansers in the workplace, including alcohol-based hand sanitizer at least 60% alcohol
- Placing hand sanitizers in multiple locations to encourage hand hygiene
See full Qualifications and Requirements to see if your business qualifies.
Aloha Pacific Federal Credit Union – (808) 531-3711
Hawaii State Federal Credit Union – (808) 587-2700
HawaiiUSA Federal Credit Union – (808) 844-8995
Honolulu Federal Credit Union – (808) 777-5646